Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Letting Him in "On D Plan"

I'm not sure what exactly i came here to blog about today! Its been 15days since my last post and in those days a lot has happened! I'm now a year older and hopefully wiser (winks), I've sort of moved houses temporarily (gist for another day) and my future has just been set in stone by the good news i received yesterday! However before I go onto the news, let me tell you about my birthday! I had a wonderful day in the midst of colleagues, friends and family. I got gifts and 3 cakes in total, 1cake i bought and 2 as gifts! Any more cake and i'll be blowing out cake from my nose! lol.. In my company when its your birthday, you get to spend your money on the company instead of the other way round; funny right? Anyway your's truly had to buy drinks and a cake for the office to feed over 80+ people, so getting an extra cake for this feat was more than welcome! After work, spent the rest of the day and night at a bar called SS lounge (i don't know what SS means) where there was a live band and comedy on air.. Loads of friends came (of course with their own friends as is customary naija practice) and we wined and dined! So that's how my birthday was.
Now onto the good news.............drums roll............ your's truly is relocating from Naija!!!! (Mixed feelings).. I'm leaving to the UK to start a masters for the next year and i'm excited and overwhelmed with the number of things i have to do pre-and during study! I've wanted to do a masters for the last 2 years but somehow it never quite worked out before due to circumstances beyond my control, and now its here it feels surreal. On the other hand a part of me is ambivalent about my departure cause i get the feeling i wont be back to stay in a looooong loooong time... don't ask me why, its just a hunch (winks).. Anyway "life is a beach; and then you dive" (slogan on my sister's t-shirt when we were kids)... Life comes in various shades of colors and mine just took on ALL the colors of the rainbow! Yippee!!!
So that's the story of my life lately.. Makes me think back to when i was in secondary school and what i envisioned of my life post secondary education...um..to be honest i can't remember what i thought i would be doing or where i would be! lol.. kinda silly not to remember but hey! Life takes us by surprise, we move onto places and phases we never thought we would be; and in all of it we hope we can look back and be thankful for our blessings.
For me i feel like who i am, where i am going to and all my plans has got absolutely nothing to do with how much effort i put in, its more about how much "in the plan" i let the Big Guy upstairs in on and take control of. For you see, my life is not my own to do with as i please so no matter how much i want something when i want it, he's not gonna let me have it if its not in his own timing! In my place, we say "Oge Chukwu ka mma" meaning "God's time is the best"; my life and my experiences so far is a clear indication that this phrase is true.
What of your's? Are you patient enough to let Him lead and you watch?

Toodles people!
Who else?!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday once again. Sounds like you did enjoy it. And congratulations on the upcoming relocation. Hope Masters study will still afford you time to blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too Wendal! Obviously though the frequency will reduce :(.. But hopefully it should afford me more interesting things to talk about while at school. Thanks for the wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you my dear, I know you've waited for this for a loooong time. God's time really is the best you know. Best wishes with the Masters, and hope to see you soon! Now, go and put some birthday ideas on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete