Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

WOMEN HAVE EXPIRY DATE IN THE DATING WORLD??

Hola Mi Bloggers & Readers!
Happy new year and welcome to 2011! I apologize for my absence, its been a busy holiday.. But i'm back and i'm here to stay. Before i go onto the above topic, let me first of all wish us all the very best that life has to offer. We have only God to thank for a new year and i'm sure He'll see us through to the very end gracefully. Amen.


So today's topic of discussion was inspired by a dear friend of mine and faithful follower of my blog, who thought to share her conversational experiences with "guys" on older women and dating! ....Throat clearing....hmm.... Apparently some 'age grade' of guys are of the opinion that women have expiry date in the dating world! Wonders shall never cease to amaze me when i hear the things 'guys' say concerning 'older women'. 
Quote from her goes as follows... "I've had discussions with some guys in the 28-30 age bracket  over the past few weeks and there seems to be a resounding consensus from these men that dating/marrying over 25's is "undesirable" for a multitude of reasons-some of which are......take a deep breath......we're stuck in our ways cause we are older, we're not as respectful, we're just plain ol old!" 
The guys in question went onto say their ideal age is 23 and one almost didn't marry his current wife because she 'was 27'.. The highlight of the conversation for my friend though was when one guy said to her "don't worry sha, you still have 2 more years to go...it's when you hit 28 that you know say your own don finish!"....For the benefit of my non-African readers i'll translate the last statement to English which simply means "don't worry about it as you still have 2 more years to go....its only when you turn 28 that you'll know you're finished!"


In other words, they are inferring that women expire on the dating scene! Girls, can you believe that??  I'm almost speechless! My train of thoughts on issues of life normally flows freely but in this case................ i don't know........ hmm..... it's not funny!


Fact: Women are more mature intellectually than guys their same age
Fact: Between 18 and 22 i couldn't imagine dating a guy my age or even 2 years older, he wasn't old enough! 
Fact: I'm 27, my views on "age dating" have changed... (and not because i'm still single)
Fact: Now i know Love has got absolutely nothing to do with age (look at Ashton and Demi)
Fact: Guys age faster than women so its to our detriment if we marry a guy close range in age (sorry guys but its true)
Fact: Some men are intimidated by seemingly 'successful and content women"
Fact: Its not the norm for a girl to propose to a guy, so what's a girl to do if she turns 28 and is still single?! Celebrate herself as best she can! U bet.. 


The saying goes that 'beer is made by men, but wine by God'- Martin Luther. Older women are like wine, fermented, refined and fortified in the sands of time and the phases of life created by God..... We need not be younger to be fulfilled or content.. The saying also goes that "fish, to taste good, must swim three times: in water, in butter and in wine"- polish proverb. Older women are "priceless fishes"....hard to catch and sweet to keep, after having swam in old wine!
Its unfortunate that men don't smell or see good wine when its right in front of them.. They prefer to reach for beer, deceived by its volume only to desire more beer afterwards, whereas a glass or two of wine does the trick!


To all my single ladies, fret not nor fear your not for your knight in shining armor or coat of many colors made from rags, who knows, appreciates and celebrates your value, measured by the stories in your eyes, will come one day and when he does, you'll be glad you waited!


To the guys that think women expire, WISE up!


Till i write again...


Tuyo por siempre,
Chinny ;)



8 comments:

  1. those guys and any guy that thinks that way is simply very silly and immature...there's a word that fails me right now for them, but u bet i'll come back and post it once i remember...
    See their mouth like 'Expiry date'..Tchhuuuueeewww
    make dem dey der de drink 'beer' till them grow pot belly and look old and haggard..ssshuuuoooo

    lmao..this is not a rant o...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.. Divadivine you sound quite upset you shouldn't be, they ain't worth the stress..

    ReplyDelete
  3. really the guys are not serious. don't they know that men also expire... if a man of 50years comes to marry you will you not run..cos he is too old..
    And besides i have an aunt who married at age 35, her husband 30 they have 3 beautiful kids, 2 boys and a girl... so what r we saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmao @ Divadivine. Good thing I got to work pretty early today so I have some free time on my hands.

    To be honest, if I were a guy, I'd rather marry a 23/24 yr old girl. Dunno if its the same for everyone else, or if its just me. (Maybe I have issues, lol). I know I'd have been a much more submissive wife if I'd married right after I graduated from Uni. Or maybe while I was serving. Or probably right after I got my first job. As it is, I think independence has its pluses and minuses. I love my independence, and everything that comes with it but I must confess that I dont have the kind of patience I used to have (with guys) a few years ago. I cant stand any form of 'sme-sme' (for want of a better word)and you dare not try to misbehave, :). I know I'm a more difficult person to handle now, than I was some years ago. So its totally understandable if guys prefer to marry younger girls; I think they'd be easier to handle.
    That said, I believe God has 'that special person' for everyone. Perfectly matched by Gid to complement you. So any reasonable guy should be searching for 'that' person, and not just random sampling. And for the older ladies,its not a problem. Let the guys want whatever they will, it just shows that he is not for you. God is preparing someone already, so just prepare yourself as well, keep ur ears and eyes open, and wait for it!
    But on a general note sha, its understandable, and infact normal for guys to want younger girls.
    My 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nkoyo, thank you for your comments! I understand your point of view of why guys would rather marry a younger lady than an 'older' one. Your reason for not being as submissive now may not necessarily have to do with how old you are now but how mature you are. The things that tickled you before are different from what excites you now, thats what life and maturity does to one. I have less patience for guys now but thats just because i've seen their level of maturity and it aint't high! Truth be told, they are genetically wired differently from women and it takes the grace of God to tolerate their ways. Guys of nowadays literally expect you to chase them, calls, visits, follow them home on the first date(something which the younger ladies may be comfortable doing), no thanks, i'll pass!
    Nevertheless its all about God's timing so they can think whatever they want and yeah maybe they should go right ahead and marry the 23's while the 27's to 30's chics marry the 36's to 40! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Relationship company, thanks! :).. By the way, nice name for a website! It's definitely catchy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. we men can be quite stupid. 27 is still young

    ReplyDelete