Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Guess Who's Back?!

Agatha Christie! I wish! OK guys,  I, miss Chinny, missed you all so much and missed blogging!!! Where do i start from?! 8 days of exaggerated fun in Kenya, I could write a short story of 50 pages to tell it all! If i did that though you guys would probably tire to read it all here, so I'm gonna start a "guess who's back series! I can't say how many parts the series would come in as I'm not sure what my mental bank translates to in writing (lol) but I promise to keep you entertained as I always do!

I've been staring at this page and seriously wondering where to start from! How does one quantify a good time? Sorry did i say 'good time'? I meant 'blast'! Best holiday ever! Best place visited so far (and my travel resume hasn't done badly in my short life)... This was one of those holidays you come back feeling content and fulfilled that you just achieved a milestone in your life, and in this case the milestone being FUN!
Kenya is without a doubt an African country to identify with; from the people, to the culture, to the landscape, to the weather and to the lifestyle, its all great. In my words i would describe Kenya as a beautiful fusion of the West and of Africa, modern enough to accommodate the needs and demands of an ever changing and technological advancing world and traditional enough to accommodate the lifestyle and beliefs of a people common across a continent. They say there is no place like home but i say there are some places close enough to home, they come second on the list. For me for now, i say that place is Nairobi! Yup, i like it that much! Some of my friends have asked me to emigrate, lol! Not just yet guys, i still like my country, though these days with the incessant frustrations, i wonder.....
I would have loved to upload the first set of wonderful pictures taken across Kisumu and Nairobi but unfortunately i don't have my camera with me and 'm struggling to bring you this post from my sister's semi-slow laptop (sorry Uch :D). But I'll be uploading amazing pictures in my next post for your viewing pleasure and for your review of my long discovered unharnessed photography skill.....if y'all know anyone who would take me on as a protege, please ring me up on +23480........... nah you know i can't give out my digits here!

So for now lovely patient bloggersville readers, i sign off and i leave you with some words from my short but eloquent Swahili mental dictionary, NAKUPENDA blog readers!

Who else?!
Coco-Chinny :)                              

PS: 'nakupenda' for those who do not know, means I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

  1. Good to have u back! Hmmm, all this praise for Kenya? "Beautiful fusion of the West and of Africa..." No be small thing o. What about 9ja? "Dysfunctional friction of the West and Africa"? Lol. I think I should go to Nairobi for my honeymoon! I need to experience this blast of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know you had a great holiday. Interesting description you have of Kenya. Looking forward to seeing the pics. And your opinion on game meat if you got round to sampling that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendal! I never got to sampling game eat unfortunately, couldn't find time to go to carnivore and guess we got discouraged hearing they no longer have a wide range of game as its now banned to kill all those animals.. But i still had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete