Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Matilda, my 'frenemy'

I borrowed the word "frenemy" from a follower's blog, "Pretty Lashes" (thank you for coining the word or for bringing it to good use ;). So who is Matilda?

She's that lady always dressed in red but not looking so lovely..
She's your friend whom you are grateful to see ever so often but not happy to host..
She's a god-given friend to be cherished for almost three-quarters of your life..
She's that enemy that can give you a terrible day at work, school or wherever you are..
She usually announces her arrival (in a depressing way sometimes) almost two weeks before she shows up..
Showing up whenever she pleases, her timing can be a nuisance!
Comes in a flash and takes her time to leave not caring how convenient or not it is for her to be around you..
She has the uncanny ability to sap all the god-giving energy in you just like that, you wanna be in bed for a week! (you can call her your monthly Achilles heel)
She can also be dangerous too...she's been known to hospitalize many..
She can be expensive too! I did the math :), try it out...(OK so maybe not too expensive)
She can be a downright pain in the belly!
Yet, despite her burdensome nature, her absence sends panic alarms...
For you see she is a preferably unwanted but necessary friend...

Who is 'matilda'?? She's MY "FRENEMY"..

Say no more... I'll be here for you for as long as you desire O my dearest "frenemy" Mati!

Lol! hehehe....


7 comments:

  1. LOL!

    For a second, I was wondering who Matilda was! VERY nicely written!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Thanks pretty lashes :)..really cause i didn't want to blatantly call her 'd enemy'..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I this slow? Or is it cause I'm a boy. Read 3/4's b4 I knew who .atilda was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! it could be both! :D..no offence, just kidding.
    @Wendal, I'm guessing you figured it out before getting to the end?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I did, but not before I got to the end, I had to walk away from my PC, then come back to it and read it again before getting it. Superbly written I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks :)..i can be random like that.

    ReplyDelete