Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why i started blogging

I started blogging for lack of nothing better to do with my time. 
You see once upon a time I was juggling three roles in my office, swamped with work and asked to endure till things changed. We were just four on my team for a team that should have no less than ten staff. As expected a lot of things were in chaos and none of us were to blame as we very well couldn’t divide our brains or legs to be on top of the game for all issues. So anyway change finally comes and it comes a bit beyond expectations. Gradually I watched myself relegated to my original designation (of which my pizzazz is low) with less to do. So I would come into work every day, and as my sisters and I like to call it, faff’ around till 5pm, then pick myself and my bag up and head home, dreading the idea of doing the same thing the next day as I abhor being idle! I even mentioned to my boss I was idle and well, not much changed still. I don’t know if it was him letting me get away with faffing around seeing as I’d been busy all year round or if his hands were tied to change the situation but whatever the case, Coco was bored! (don't judge me for speaking the truth, I'm sure I'm not the only one whose gone through this phase at work, i might just be the only one bold enough to say it publicly). Anyway one day I mentioned to my colleague that I had more free time on my hands than I was supposed to and he suggested starting a blog, so I decided to give it a shot. Prior to blogging, my blogging knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10 was 0! I was clueless! But being the inquisitive and self-tutoring person that I am, I began to navigate through the pages till I figured it all out and that was the birth of 9jaspititout blog! 
I’m not sure why I decided to tell this story today, but for some reason I felt like I should let my readers know why I decided to blog (not like it matters to you). Maybe it’s also for lack of nothing to blog about today (writer’s block!) which in itself automatically becomes something to blog about if you can articulate yourself well enough!
Some people blog about their everyday lives, from taking the dog on a walk, to eating pizzas, or dropping the kids off at school, they spill it all. As much as I love blogging, I don’t think I’m prepared to reveal it all digitally. Unless I thought that in some way me telling my readers ‘how I took a crap the day before’ would benefit their lives, I ain’t gonna spit it all out! Lol… Bringing me to why I chose that name. I wanted something catchy that would get your attention and keep it. But at the same time I wanted a name that spoke or interpreted for itself the reason for its existence. I added ‘9ja’ to the name because I love ‘Nigeria’ and I love the people we are though I hate the way we do things but I believe someday all that will change. So this is my/our forum to speak out for the things that we see and feel. I wrote a poem on “resume of unfinished works”, (check my archive) and between then and now not much has changed on that resume. But I can boast of one thing though, if I die tomorrow I would have left one thing behind….my voice….my thoughts…..my views…..and for me that brings a smile to my face that I can share something with the world no matter how small or insignificant for you see my blog is my mirror of me to the world. 
I hope to someday make something big and special of this blog, just like Bellanaija did or the many wonderful and popular blogs out there. So for now like I said before, I’ll keep writing till it bites! (OK don’t ask me what that means cause I’m not even sure)lol.. So just enjoy your time with me digitally! ;)

PS: Thankfully this year I am back to being busy at work so my blogging resume might just not be as full but I promise to keep y’all entertained as best as I can!

Today is my mum’s birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!! Love ya to bits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment