Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

CARRYING AN UNWANTED BABY, SHOULD I ABORT?

Photo from experienceproject.com
I know when you saw my title, an alarm sounded inside of you wondering if I'm preggers?? Hell no I'm not and won't be outside of when i should be! But i don't know why I've been plagued in my mind on this issue, its as though i have become the voice of life that cannot speak for itself.My last post is quite similar to this, how we take care of the life that has been entrusted to us.
I was watching a program on TV yesterday called 12th and Delaware and i was puzzled as to what this world has become! But then again i guess i shouldn't be so surprised since immorality existed 2000 years BC (Sodom and Gomorrah). You see the show was about the fight between good and evil. On one side of the street there was the "Pregnancy Care Center" and on the other side there was the "Abortion Center". How ironical?! One aims to give life and the other aims to take it. I don't know a better comparison to exemplify the fight between standing for what is right and for that which is wrong. Fourteen to Seventeen year old girls pregnant and seeking abortion! My gosh!! If you're gonna do the crime, be ready to do the time should sh@# hit the fan! If you're mature enough to have sex at 14 then be mature enough to keep the child. Why should the innocent child pay for your irresponsible and immoral ways? After all you spread your legs and forgot to be safe! I'm sure if you were uncertain as to my stance on this issue, you now know that i am 110% Pro-Life! I am on the side of the greater good which is to preserve life. Do not get me wrong, i judge you not for deciding to have sex at such a young age, but lets face it, you were foolish and now you have a price to pay so be mature about it and bear the consequences.
I have come to a point in my life where i no longer want to be lukewarm, bending over on morals or laws at my own convenience. I have to be hot or cold, for or against, black or white, no shades of grey... And yet while i choose to stand for what is right the vicissitudes of life sometimes test and question my quest for unflinching integrity. I cite examples:

  • Walking home late from work on a lonely road, two guys grab me from behind and rape me... I put on what is left of my dignity, cry my eyes out, get depressed etc etc and forget the most important thing which is to protect myself from pregnancy. Two months later i find out I'm pregnant! What do i do? Remember i said i am pro-life, (being a God fearing Christian) how do i tackle this one?? First answer on my mind is; find the first abortion clinic and get rid of it! Conscience answer is WWJD? (my conscience is my biggest Achilles heel mind you)
What would Jesus tell me? He would say "My child, a gift is a child no matter the circumstances. I gave him to you, keep him, love him and i will love you and look after both of you. Your pain from the rape? I will heal you. I was there when it happened and i cried with you because i couldn't stop the man's freewill (which i gave him for his control) to do right or wrong by you." 
My answer; "I love you Lord, i really do but that which you ask of me is hard... How can i love this thing growing inside of me when i never sought nor wanted it? How can i look at the child and not remember the night i struggle everyday of my life to forget? Who will i tell the child is his or her father? Who do i tell the world is the father of the baby growing inside of me? How could you let this happen to me?"... Its too hard Lord, i can't do it. I know i said i would never kill but how can i not kill now? What do i do? Give it up for adoption? Possibly give up the child to an even worse life than abortion, should he fall into the hands of evil foster parents? God this seems like a no-brainer to be rid of this thing inside of me!"....

My Conscience; You can't kill this child... You just can't.. 

Now this is what you call Conflict of Interest from a biblical perspective! Why has life got to be so darn complicated? 
While i don't have the answers to it all, i don't wish or pray such a traumatic experience on even my enemy so lets just pretend that such a conflict of interest never comes up! 

I guess the point of this all is for us to judge for ourselves, examine the truth and stand for what we believe in no matter the circumstances... And there are some things we just cant explain or answer with our human wisdom so when such scenarios come up i suggest the best thing to do is maintain silence....it is known to be golden. 

2 comments:

  1. The example you cite about rape is a situation I cant say I have a definitive stand on.

    When it comes to that particular example, I remember what 2Pac sang in his song "The Good Die Young", he says "A woman's trying to make decisions, we should leave them a choice. Cause who are we to say who lives or dies, breathes or stops? All these judgements on other lives needs to stop"

    I wouldnt wish that situation on anyone either. And considering the trauma they've had to go through and a resulting unwanted pregnancy, I find it hard to pass judgement on them if they did abort. And yet, I dont necessarily support abortion. Its a hard call, but what I do know for sure is that I leave the judgement to our almighty God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Wendal its really a hard call and thats why i said its like a biblical/Christian conflict of interest! How do you balance your beliefs with such difficult situations? Truly judgment is for God alone.

    ReplyDelete