Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

TEXTING WHEN ANGRY

Just when I thought I was beginning to have writer's block, I start to have dramatic days that allows me to have stories to write on my blog!
It is safe to say that "sh%* inevitably hit the fan" last night! What happened? Hmm.... I had a heated row with a friend last night and I was royally pissed! You know when your so angry that you feel like you have to vent out to avoid exploding? Well I decided to vent out by sharing the story with my twin sister via blackberry messages and of course I ended up sending the message to my friend whom I had the argument with!!!!!! Ooops and Ouch!! I'm sure you're wondering at this point "oh my, what did she say"?? Well what I said wasn't so nasty or bad but it wasn't exactly Christlike either soo hey..... To be honest I can't say i'm sorry I said it cause i meant it. I am however sorry that I sent it to her accidentally! For the life of me I don't know how I managed to do that??! Oh well...sh% happens! That's why it is a very baddddd idea to text when angry! NEVER do it, I talk from experience and it can have rippling negative effects that could last a lifetime! Sighs...
For me I guess what is more ironical about all this is the fact that I recently blogged about "anger" and about "the flaming untamed tongue"...then so quickly I fall victim and I fail to relent! Reminds me of the scripture that says, "starting a quarrel is like opening a floodgate, so stop before a dispute breaks out (Prov 17:14)".. The funny thing is I didn't know this scripture until after we quarreled last night and i decided to study my bible and when I saw it I was like "wayyy to go, perfect timing" (of course in sarcasm)... Not that I didn't know better and God knows I never set out to have an argument when we started out the conversation but iI guess these things do happen.

Anyway I know better now and sometimes it takes stuff like this happening to keep a tighter rein on one's tongue. I'll do my best to speak less when such tensions arise... That's my 'lessons learnt'!~

NEVER TEXT WHEN ANGRY! www.kirotv.com 

3 comments:

  1. Oh God, this real cracked me up. You probably don't find it funny at this point but for real - it is. Can't stop laughing, I'm sorry. :-) Hope there's no lasting damage.

    PS: check out Southwest's "Wanna Get Away" commercials on YouTube. That's the thought that sprang to my mind as I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendal, lol! I wasn't intending to be funny but i guess i can see the humor there! I hope there's no lasting damage too, I'm not one to keep malice. I'll check out the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this especially the scripture and to think I was beating myself up for not saying all I wanted to say to a friend the other day, now I know why the Holy Spirit allowed me to hold back my tongue. Im sorry about what happened with your friend but I hope you two make up soon. Oh and I love the fact that you don't keep malice.

    ReplyDelete