Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A STAGNANT LIFE

I wake up each day and it seems so routine.. Now i know why some westerners commit suicide, they feel stagnant! (fear not i ain't suicidal) Its so easy to become stagnant when you realize that everyday is the same;
you wake ,brush your teeth, bathe, eat, off to work, work, back home, watch tv, eat, sleep only to wake again the next day to do the same thing for at least 250 days in a year! Even when you break the routine abit, say you often go out to have fun or you take a holiday, its still the same thing... Life can be monotonous.. Made worse when you're in a job you don't like or you like your job but the pay is crap.. 
I've realized that the best way to enjoy life is to dream and to take up tasks that lead steps closer to realizing your dreams.. 
A vision without a task is but a dream. A task without a vision is drudgery. A vision with a task is the hope of the world- Zimmerman Donald.. 
I thought of my boyfriend when i saw this; he likes to dream and his dreams are big and thats what i admire about him. He dreams so much so that i call him Joseph! He's not afraid to dream.. Another saying goes that a "dream that does not scare you is not big enough"! Which in order words means we need to dream big dreams! 

I'm not used to dreaming anymore. I used to dream i'd be an ambassador someday; that what i have to say will count to millions of people, that i would be an important person because i was doing good and great things for my country, that i would positively influence the negative image my country possesses around the world.. I used to dream...now i don't and my life feels stagnant. 
I'm going to start dreaming again.. For if i can only start dreaming i'd probably start taking closer steps to actualizing my dreams.. People laugh at big dreamers but big dreamers are big achievers. 
After all, who ever got killed by dreaming? No one...They say what a man thinks, he is.. Why can't i think of myself as a VIP of VIPs; a person even the president of the US would love to meet! I don't need to be rich and successful, i need to be successful. The world measures success by riches but thats not what success is.. Success is personal fulfillment and positive global influence. Bill gates is not successful because he is rich; he's successful because he gave us the computer to make life easy. He's impacted the whole world and in doing that he's become rich. That's the kind of success i wish for and will dream for. The ability to focus on positive global impact and in return monetary rewards for that achievement; that's a successful person.

Life gets stagnant because we allow it. Well its time to dust myself up and try again.. Abraham Lincoln kept trying and today, the rest is history!
-- 

1 comment:

  1. cool post! keep dreaming girl, and one day, you never know...If you don't dream it, it will never happen abi? :)

    ReplyDelete