Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING? MY THOUGHTS ON THIS..



bigbrotherafrica.dstv.com
My thoughts on Big Brother Africa (aka BBA)? Hmm… a plethora of words or comments fill my mind yet the one comment that repeats itself is ‘an open justification for immorality’ on global television. Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the show, sometimes, but I don’t approve of or subscribe to the low morals exhibited by the housemates on the show nor do I like some of the tasks given to the housemates by ‘big brother’ which clearly encourage nudity and indecent exposure from the housemates.

I just saw a video clip of 2 housemates on the current Big Brother Africa house having sex under the duvet in the bedroom!! That has got to be so wrong. It’s not a movie, it’s a reality show and it’s not a reality show in the western world, it’s a reality show in Africa, hello??!! There’s a saying that we Africans want to be more western than the westerners, I completely agree. While I don’t know if people actually have sex in BB UK or anywhere else, I can say Africa has sure taken the game to a whole new level. Of course this is not the first example of promiscuity ever displayed on BB, take your minds a few years back to when Richard from Tanzania won BBA 3; Tatiana from Angola sure had fun with him regardless of the fact that he was married while on the show. I wonder how his wife felt watching her husband betray the sanctity of their marital union. That’s their cup of tea though…
So back to my thoughts on BBA, it seems very shallow to have to come into a house (of which you cannot leave) for 90 days to live with and compete with strangers from different countries with different behaviors, culture, lifestyle and morals all for $100k USD. The prize money is nice (if you win) but the hassle of being trapped in one location for any number of days and being forced to clash with all types of characters must be frustrating and be reserved for only the most eccentric type of people. Now let me let one cat out of the bag and don’t laugh when you hear this, I actually applied for BBA this year!!! Crazy right?! I know! In retrospect I’m like, ‘what da hell was I thinking’?? I wouldn’t have lasted a week in that house! Heck I’d go into the diary room screaming blue murder and demanding for BB to evict me as fast as possible. And just in case you’re wondering why I applied, I did it for the fun of it! Wanted to see if I was daring enough to be considered ‘worthy’ by the judges of BBA DSTV to grace their most indecent and moral depriving success of a show. FYI I only had the guts to apply when I knew they wouldn’t be showing shower hour on TV anymore!! Which brings me to the questionable ethics of the show; what kind of show in the world would comfortably show me one of the most private things a person does behind closed doors?? Eeeww!!! Why da hell would I want to watch people take a shower? It’s ludicrous! And why da hell would anyone wanna show the world how they take a shower? Please let’s not even talk about the few ladies who opted to shower with bikinis on for a whole 3 months! That’s just crude and nasty.

The big brother eye? Hmmm… Now I don’t wanna get spooky but that eye reminds me of the “Masonic Eye Symbol” used by the “New world order” led by the “Illuminati”.. You’ve heard of them right? Ok in case you haven’t, I’ll fill you in a bit, they say that “it is an occult headed by a small group of shadowy elite, super-rich and powerful individuals with big plans to take global governance of the planet (or as much of the planet as possible) by immoral means. Connections, control and corruption at the highest levels, politicians, sovereignty, economists, bank leaders, business leaders, media moguls, military leaders, top scientific minds (including control of what information is funded for study, what information can be released into the public domain and what is to remain hidden)” peopleforfreedom.com. To be honest I really don’t know what their shenanigans, if any, is all about and I can’t be assed to know so I won’t even attempt to talk about them. All I do is try to stay away from what I don’t give a damn to understand. So whether illuminati or illuminate na occult or not, don’t know and don’t care as long as no one I know is in it and it doesn’t affect me directly. A lot of corporate organizations use the same symbol in different patterns as their logo/external image; which makes me wonder…..

Anyway if y’all wanna keep watching BBA, that’s your 2 dollars but just don’t waste your money voting to keep any house-mate in the house, as DSTV is clearly ripping us off moral decorum and making millions from doing so!! That’s my 2 cents folks!

Peace out! ~~

3 comments:

  1. Lol, interesting article. Dunno about BBA, never been a fan of the Big Brother franchise. It isn't so popular in the States (or maybe I'm just naive), there are more depraved shows to wallow in here, lol. Reality shows are the rave now, simply because sex and fighting sells, take "Jersey Shore" for example...a bunch of confused mini-literate folks! I'm not a big TV fan so I never get to watch the millions of reality shows out there, but I finally got a chance to watch an episode of Jersey Shore and at the end, my IQ dropped by 20 points! Bring back West African Idols!!!At least I can laugh at folks making a fool of themselves, lol. As for BBA, nobody remembers them after 3months, they can hug transformer...lol :). I still can't believe that Flava Flav had a reality show (Flavor of love)! Kai, this world is confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i am with you on this big brother stuff.
    I don't like it one bit.
    Not a fan and i certainly don't like watching people make love under the sheets....reality tV.
    its too boring for me. I am more inclined to other reality shows like the apprentice, amazing race etc.
    www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really a confused world! God help us indeed.. We need to stop condoning trash.

    ReplyDelete