Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Sick at Sea

I have had a fairly difficult week that all i can say is TGIF! From bank frustrations to domestic power issues, unplanned bills, lasting flu, bloodsucking teeth clenching mosquitoes and lastly terrible seasickness, its been a handful of a week to handle.

So I'm required by my job to make occasional visits to ships on and offshore; and while this is normally fun to get out of the office, it can be tasking considering the 45mins to 1hr long trip is made in a canoe with a makeshift engine (don't try this at home kids). Anyway today i went to one of my company's vessels on a location known as Lagos anchorage and i assumed it would be business as usual, little did i know what was coming. I got to the vessel and found myself swinging in every direction like a piece of paper being tossed by the wind, as a result of the sea's high current. I could barely stand and literally had to be hand supported. Next thing i knew, i found my face staring down into a long black chemical smelling polythene in the form of a bin bag puking my intestines out! I knew i was in for a long run as we were scheduled to spend at least 4/5 hours on-board the vessel. To cut a long story short, i called the office and asked to be evacuated immediately or else i would die! Lol.. I can laugh now but i wasn't laughing when i found myself puking 5 times on-board a ship were i was supposed to be working. Of course i had to apologize to the ships crew which i came to see as they ended up fussing over me the whole time. I did manage to put in about an hour and a half's worth of work..

I think I've lost a pound in one day as my stomach feels as flat as a slate! Whew! I won't be going back in a hurry, no thank you!

See pictures below for proof of my sea adventures! (erm, don't laugh :D)





sorry i can't get this picture to rotate! make una manage am like that


3 comments:

  1. Awww sorry sis! Cute pic though...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at 'i called the office and asked to be evacuated immediately or else i would die!'

    I feel you completely. I've never been on one of those, but I feel sick on the plane, in the car, basically on anything that moves. It's frustrating. You made me laugh though! :)

    ReplyDelete