Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

LANDLORDS, TRAVEL AND SEE!!

I got a call from my sister at about 6:20am telling me she was on her way to my place to pick up a suitcase for my mum and hence I should be ready to come downstairs when she calls next. So I lay in bed eagerly awaiting her call so I could go right back to sleep, already upset to be awakened at that time on a weekend..……That was when I felt it…...vibrating and with a loud thud....my heart skipped a bit and I wondered what was going on! It reminded me of when I used to awaken almost every morning with a racing heartbeat as though I was scared to be alive or I had awakened from a nightmare….. I asked myself what could be wrong. I looked over at my friend who lay on the other side of the bed, she looked lost in sleep and I wondered if she may have felt it too….. Then my cell phone rang and I rushed to answer it, eager to remove my straying thoughts of impending danger. My sister asked me to come downstairs. I walked to the bathroom and put on my robe, opened the door and grabbed the suitcase, dragging it down 2 floors to the ground floor. And that was when I saw it…. I was too confused and upset to be awake at that time to make sense of it….. I looked at it, walked past the two men who stood by perplexed and went outside to give her the suitcase, barely muttering good morning to her and her husband. I gave him the suitcase and stomped off..

Then walking back upstairs I mustered the courage to look on and lo and behold what I saw was shocking, funny and ridiculous! I saw half of the fence of our compound on the ground!!!Now I knew that was what I felt earlier! The fence fell, the house vibrated and my heart skipped a beat!
The rumble from the fall is an obvious sign of a bad foundation. Lekki residents, beware of bad foundations…

The title? Travel and see because most of them are not resident in the country and don’t give a rat’s ass about the condition of their property or the comfort of their tenants. This is just one of the many problems with housing in Lekki.

With that said, I implore all Lekki landlords to TRAVEL AND SEE OOO!!

Tuyo por siempre,
Chinny


1 comment:

  1. lol... don't mind them...they use bad materials to just spoil a good job. don't worry ours will be better when we become landlord, cos we would have traveled and seen...loll
    www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete