Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Being A King


So I keep quiet because “I don’t want to be tagged miss goody two shoes”... So I keep quiet because “I want to fit in”… So I keep quiet because “hey it’s not my business, she’s not my child, brother, sister, and therefore why should I correct them”? So I keep quiet because “it’s just easier not to say anything than to get into a silly argument”... So I keep quiet because “I’m not ready to be insulted, more so from my juniors”.

I keep quiet and miss an opportunity to teach... I keep quiet and miss an opportunity to preach... I keep quiet and God shakes His head in disapproval. I don’t get to see that action because I can’t see him with my physical eyes, but my spiritual eyes see the disapproval and in my heart i feel a thread loosen.. One more thread of truth dissolve away as a result of unspoken words. Let me be! I have my life to live, heck I’m not perfect therefore why should I worry about another man’s issues?
Why should I care that she’s wearing a top with half her boobs pouring out? Why should I care that a child is destroying the back of the seats with a pencil? Why should I care that my friend is clearly on a downward spiral engaging in illicit affairs? Why should I care that all he cares about is the next pretty chic he can ‘meet’? Why should I care that she’s disrespectful, rude and arrogant? Why should I care that he’s so self-centered and only uses people for his advantage? Why should I care that she has such a bad attitude, no one cares to tell her or even remain close? Why should I care that all that proceeds from his mouth is foul language? Why do I care to be nicer at work and give a damn about everyone else around me, after all I dislike the place? Should i be pleased to drink another man's panadol?

 Why should I care to be different and not keep quiet when I see wrongdoing? When do I know to speak out because it might save a soul? Do I withhold because the log of wood is still in my eyes? When will I see clearly in order to help others see? When do I know not to be politically correct but spiritually exact? When will it show that I am different or can be different? How will people recognize it when they see it? Is it in my speech, clothes, walk, talk, composure, lifestyle, attitude, what is it in? When will I realize that I have been pre-designed to be powerful? When will I see that the path I walk is the path I have chosen not that which has been created for me? How will the world know that I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a king in the order of Melchizedek, a person set apart to show forth the praise of Him who has called me out of darkness? How will they know that as a king I do not beg for what I desire, but I declare for what I wish? How will they know that when I speak as a King, mountains move, the underworld trembles, Satan flees! How will they know that who I am makes the enemy fidget? How will they know that the God WHO IS, is my Father?

What is it about me that sets me apart? Who am I? Who am I to be?

4 comments:

  1. Wow...wow...wow
    this brought tears to my eyes. I have been in many of the situations that you described, and have kept quiet because I felt like I didn't want to get into a silly argument. I have felt like it was not my business. I have also felt like an hyprocrite.... Instead up worrying about what others would say and my own feelings, I should stand up for Jesus and care to be spiritually exact and not politically correct. God bless you for this Hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Funmi,
    I'm glad that this touched you maybe just as much as it touched me. Take this as a challenge to change the way you do things and to stand up for what is right regardless of what the world thinks. It's what will set you apart. God bless you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Chinny! You have been "spiritually exact" in this! It has touched me once again..."when?? when??? when???" the writer asks? The time is now! Its time to stand for what is right, what is true, what is just! Its time to be the Ambassador that God has called us to be! To stand and represent His Kingdom of Light in this world! The time is now! Thank you Chinny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true..I know there a lot of times I just pretend as though I did not se anything, maybe because I don't want to spoil the relationship or because I am afraid of what people will say.... this is so true...keep it up.

    ReplyDelete