Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dear God-sequel...

Dear God,
How are You today? I know You are doing great, after all You are God! How are the citizens of Heaven doing? I can’t wait to meet them someday; I bet they are in awe of You daily... Oh what a wonderful sight it must be to see Your children clad in robes of white with halos around their head kneeling before Your throne in total surrender and worship of You… I hope to join them someday too, at a good old age when I have fulfilled Your plans for my life.
I’ve only ever written You one letter in my life before and that was when I was upset with You. I wanted a UK holiday visa so badly, I coulda paid any amount to anyone who would guarantee me that visa. I put the desire for a visa before You; it was my priority for that season. I wanted You to give it to me but I forgot to check with You if it was what You wanted for me. Then came the blow! You bounced me and I wept. I wept so badly. Cried that You would let the embassy bounce me for the 3rd time, cried that I wasn’t gonna be able to attend my twin sister’s graduation, cried that I wasn’t gonna be able to meet up with a ‘love interest’ at that time, cried that I wasn’t going to spend Christmas with my sisters who were travelling too, cried that my passport was ruined. Yes God, I cried. I was upset with You. How could You love me then let me constantly be rejected for an innocent request? Couldn’t You see my pain? What did I do to You that You wouldn’t let me be happy? These were all the silly questions I asked You and I back then. I was foolish right?? I should have known better as your child, maybe I did but I refused to acknowledge the truth. A seemingly trivial problem to be denied a visa… After all it was just a three times request for a holiday!! So I wrote You the letter below:

Dear God,

Are you on leave?? Cos lately you've been kinda silent, especially when i needed you the most! I know you are there but it sure feels like your not!

What did i do wrong? Why would you let all these 'trials' try to steal my joy at this time of the year when it should be a season to rejoice, be happy, loving and giving? Are you trying to punish me for sins committed through actions or for sins committed through thoughts? Which one God?
I'm sad and I’m sorry too. Sorry that i feel this way and that i failed to trust you more. For even that feels like sin itself, not letting go and letting you. You said the plans in my heart are many, but only your 'counsel' will stand. I respect and appreciate that. But you also said that ' when my ways please YOU, even my enemies would be at peace with me'. So makes me ask, what did i do to displease you that you will not let the sun stand still and the moon stop till revenge is upon my enemies? Cos they are not at peace with me but at war.. The battle is not mine, it’s yours but i feel the 'stings' and 'hits' of the blasts on my heart and head.
Tell me...
I wake up every morning and my heart skips a beat.. Out of heart ache and fear and anger and frustration.. My eyes tell a different story altogether. I literally have to wear sun shades to hide the sadness and despair seen in it.
It was supposed to be perfect this season and now it looks so bleak, so cold empty and numb..

I need answers God. . I’m waiting and I’ll wait for as long as you are ready to talk to me!

Yours Faithfully,
your child..



(The picture showed my tears)

Do You remember God? Of course You do! You’re all knowing, never changing, ever remembering and ever seeing. You saw and heard it all. I remember feeling a lil better after writing you that letter, even though I still didn’t have the visa. I resolved not to care anymore, resigned myself to fate! Maybe I was never destined to visit the UK unlike the rest of my family… I was “Chinny The Reject”! Lol..
Now when I read that letter above I ask myself it was just about a visa or if there was something else?! Gosh its deep even for me the writer. Of course You were never on leave; You just decided it wasn’t time for me to go anywhere just yet. Just like an earthly father says No when a child asks to go outside to play, You said no when I asked to travel. I don’t know what You were protecting me from then but I am thankful that You said No. I know I may never have told You this before but for every time You turned me down or did not give into my request, You wove a fiber of strength and patience into my impatient and demanding skin. You taught me what surrender means, You gave me patience… I never saw it back then but now I do. Now I know what plans You had for me… Just like a potter molding clay into any shape, You were molding me, fortifying me like a silversmith would to his gold, baking me in the oven of adversity like bread, allowing the sands of time pass through the hourglass in my life so that I would understand why it goes so slowly…

So Dear God, Thank You. Thank You for tolerating my excesses and loving me regardless. Thank You for not striking me dead for questioning Your supremacy, thank you for showing me who made and owns the nations of the earth, YOU. Thank God, God no be man o for if man be God o I for don die, I for don kpeme.
And lastly God, THANK YOU for granting my request SIX YEARS LATER, it was only long enough! Lol.. ;)…
This is where I sign off to grab lunch for the day. But I promise one thing God, I’ll write you more letters from now on and when I do, it won’t because I am upset with you but because I want to praise you for who YOU are, MY EVERYTHING<TREASURE & PRIORITY>

Take care of you God and be sure to write back to me because I will be expecting your letters… Hugs n kisses.

Yours adorably,
Chinny aka Tata, aka Coco aka (anything you wanna call me :)

9 comments:

  1. I dont think I could have written a better letter.

    Congratulations on the visa. I dont know what the experience is like in Nigeria, but getting a visa back in the day in Uganda to the UK was an absolute nightmare. I once made my way to line up outside the British High Commission at 5am, and I was late. People had started lining up as early as 3am. I didnt make the cut-off to get in that morning !!

    Look forward to your posts about your trip. And do enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your letter; I write letters to God too, but they're way too personal to post online! :) I completely know how you must have felt thinking 'what have I done to deserve this?' I'm in one of those phases in my life right now, and it's hard, but the truth is that we may never know even in this lifetime why God allows certain things in our lives, but it's all about trusting (even when we don't understand) that because He can see the bigger picture, He knows what's best for us. We're all still learning. I like your blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a silent reader of your blog but i must say I really do love this one. I also have a couple of write ups myself and this strikes one strikes a cord within me.
    Keep up the good work.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Wendal, i got the visa last august and traveled twice already to see my twin! :).. i did blog about it, look up http://9jaspititout.blogspot.com/2010/12/holiday-hitches.html

    @Renny, you're not the only one that thinks the letter is too personal to post and i understand. I like to write from a conversational style so that people can relate with me and my experiences. I chose to put it here cause i'm a strong believer that people can be encouraged by such words. Whatever you're going through will pass and you'll smile when you look back. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it and thanks for appreciating my blog! :)

    @Angela, thank you for breaking the silent code on reading only! Lol.. I'm glad it struck a cord, that was the aim..

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s just to clarify, I didn't think your letter was too personal, I meant some of the ones I write would be too personal to post! keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a thought about the revolver maps, if you can get to their website and you select the map you want, you should get a code that you can copy to your blog. I had to add the HTML/Java script widget to be able to do this, and then copied the code in there. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was totally liking your post until you had to go there! You had to mention MY song!!! THEN I fell in love with your post!. Lol!

    I LOVE that song, 'Jesus, you are everything'! My treasure, my priority!.....I try to make that true day by day.

    @'God, are you on leave? - priceless! Thankfully, he never goes....he has some truly crazy working hours! Praise his name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :)thanks! lol@ "I was totally liking your post until you had to go there!", for a split second i thought you wanted to blow me off! You got me! :)..
    Yes o, i had to ask God if He was on leave! lol.. Thank God he is not man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chic!!!!
    Are you serious, they denied you visa 3 times???
    And didnt give you till 6 years later????
    What did you do to them na? lollll

    Geez I can imagine how you felt, with everyone else travelling at will.
    Oh, but never mind, I guess God wasn't surprised by your letter. Infact he probably expected it... you know the way we already know what our kids would do when you deny them something they reeeeaaaaallllly want (I've got 11 nephews/ neices, remember?)

    But GOD really is something else...totally in a class of His own. He must really be soooo mature and grown up, to stand his ground and say No to us, amidst all our tears. You know a lof of times we 'chicken out' with our kids and/or siblings, and let them get away with what we KNOW they shouldnt do or have, merely because of sentiments, like we dont want them to feel bad or left out; or we dont want them to feel 'not loved'...you get?

    Ok, so now I'm rambling as well. Signing out, ciao.

    PS: I remember playing the 'I'm not gonna be your friend anymore' card with God a number of times. Guess it never works. :)

    ReplyDelete