Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The art of scheming

I had it all figured out in my head... What dress to wear, purse in hand, matching earrings and shoes and hair accessory to adorn myself for the wedding on Saturday in PH. All that was left was the ticket to fly...

My friend's wedding is on Saturday and i want to attend it. I didn't make early plans to attend so of course i didn't book a ticket in advance...twas a spontaneous or last minute decision to attend the wedding when i realized i could harness my talent of scheming to actually be at the wedding but not on my cost! I'll fill you in...
So here i am wondering how to "suddenly have something come up in PH" (work-wise) when i remembered that a certain someone is always asking me to take initiative! So i thought to myself, this is your chance to take initiative and be proactive! So i make 'something suddenly come up in PH' so i can get to fly out to kill two birds with one stone! hehehe... think of me as the artful schemer ;).. So anyway little Miss Proactive Schemer, gets an A-okay to work in PH for the rest of the week starting from today and I'm smiling inside me from ear to ear.
So i have them book me a flight for this afternoon so i can take my time to get a little work done here, dash home to pack my stuff and be on the late afternoon flight to the south-south of 9ja, my original home. Heck I've called my mum two days in advance to announce my arrival! Then he drops the bombshell on me....."Miss, cancel your flight, you'll go next week"!!!!!!!!! "Of course i say yes as fast as an answer is required but inside me my stomach just churned".. Artful schemer my foot! I just shot myself in the foot if you ask me :(
Reason for cancellation? Well my associate who I'm to meet with in PH "suddenly had something come up" and he has to be here in Lag so i get to stay back to meet him here! Great!!

And so here i am moping and kicking myself for not booking a flight in advance all because of  'awoof', which don purge me now! Hisssss....

Warning: Don't try to scheme, it just might shoot you in the foot! Boy will my sisters laugh at me for bragging of my scheming tactics! :-P

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Sorry, dont mean to sound like I'm laughing at you. But the thought that your associate might have schemed his own way to an all-expenses-paid trip to where you are so he can attend a wedding of his own just made me laugh. Hope you can still make your way there though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! My dear na so o...awoof dey purge big time! Nah my associate didn't scheme.. I'm trying to see if i can make my way but i doubt it now.

    ReplyDelete