Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE ONCE MORE!!! SOUND OF MUSIC REUNION, FIRST TIME IN 45 YEARS!!!

I don't know about you but as for me i'm a die hard Sound of Music fan!! Even as an adult, i've seen that movie about 5 times over again. Classic, timeless, splendid, pleasant and peaceful are some of the best words that can be used to describe Sound of Music.. The name truly depicts the beauty of music. The serenity that comes from sounds so sweet to the ears, you just have to sing along and shut your eyes in appreciation...

Sound of music makes me happy.. It makes me feel like i should have been in the movie! lol.. And for the first time in 45 years, ALL cast of the movie reunite on Oprah! Kudos to Oprah for bringing back sweet memories of watching the movie as a child! I recall how we'd all sit with our eyes glued to the tv in my father's living room, singing along to 'Edelweiss' and 'Do Re Mi' as though we played a part in composing the music :).. And i remember how sad i was as a child when i heard little Gretl (last kid of the Von Trapp family) died in a plane crash not long after the movie. That turned out to be quite untrue as i found out only last year! Its like we all felt connected to the cast of the movie and to the movie in an indescribable way, you have to watch it to feel it.

I've taken the liberty to include the link to the reunion on Oprah, for those who'd like to see pictures and read more on it

http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/For-the-First-Time-in-45-Years-The-Sound-of-Music-Cast-Reunites .

PS: I looooove Christopher Plummer!! Talk about Handsome!! As for Julie Andrews, she's an amazing woman aging gracefully! It must be the music in her soul....

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. really i am with. i actually wanted them to get married in real life...somewhere i guess that was my prayer request....oh brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me bout it! I was in love with the idea of two of them together! Apparently at the time they were both mutually attracted to each other as well! :)..no wonder all the chemistry between them..hehehe

    ReplyDelete