Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

MY HOMELAND, NIGERIA

My homeland, when will I truly love you?
When will i raise my head high, beat my chest and sing your anthem like my life depended on it?

When will I not hide my head in shame when the vile deeds of your children are spoken of outside?

When will that green passport not avail me detention and inhumane treatment in the hands of the law?

When will I see the value of your currency rise to its past glory of value beyond that of the greatest nation?

When will your children be proud to celebrate their heritage rather than struggle to acquire western values, culture, passports and accents?

When will your children stand in battle with pride to defend the land of their birth?

When will we fight for the extinction of corruption, bribery and injustice?

When will we fly the flag with pride & truly boast of the existence of the meaning of its colors?

When will your children say, ‘I am proud to be a Nigerian’?

When will we defend your honor and integrity to the outside world?

When will we say, ‘Land Of Our Birth, We Pledge To Thee’?

I am Nigerian, I no go fit lie, but………

Oh my homeland, when will I truly love you?
                                                                         



Chinny..
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

2 comments:

  1. Masterpiece...you've put into words the thoughts of many...despite all the turmoil, we shall one day pledge...Land of our birth, we pledge to thee!

    ReplyDelete