Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

SUNSET AT SEA

Hi People!
I worked all day on Saturday. I usually don't work weekends so this was a big deal for me. What was even more interesting was that i worked "offshore"! You see my job requires me to go on board all kinds of vessels aka ships, for inspections or audits. I like to think i'm girly but I've realized i only 'look' girly.. My actions speak otherwise.. I was subjected to climbing rope ladders from a speedboat that was bobbing in all directions as a result of the roughness of the sea, to get on-board a Platform Support Vessel. It wasn't easy but finally i was pulled up from the top by the ship crew, whew! Of course the vessel wasn't steady, bobbing in all directions, one could be sea-sick from it all! Surprisingly, i was fine.. It made me wonder though how these guys are able to get any sleep with the boat swaying from side to side.

After several hours of perusing documents and speaking with the ship crew, and having lunch of egusi soup with eba and kpomo in the ship's galley (aka kitchen), i left the vessel using the same rope ladder, back onto the speedboat as usual with the water crashing away on the side of both vessels. So we sailed to an even bigger ship, an Anchor Handling Towing Support vessel, and again the same process of getting on an off it ensued.

Finally by 550pm we (my colleagues) were ready to leave the vessel and back onto the speedboat we hopped back on and headed to shore!

It was an interesting experience.. I watched the sunset and you bet i captured it! Hope you like the picture below :)


Nice right? And i caught this with my blackberry!

This brings me to conclude that 'skill' is not by the type of device but by the innate talent within to use any device to its maximum capacity. Quote by Chinny :)..lol..

Have a nice day y'all!

Tuyo por siempre
Chinny ;)

7 comments:

  1. very nice picture..i'm stealing it.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Feel free dear, no copyright infringement..

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa you worked on saturday..men....
    loved your experience though and found my self interested. for you know I am proudly south south citizen of the creeks.
    about using your blackberry to take that lovely pix was nice. I was just saying to myself that I need a camera to upload pictures on my blog. guess I will start using my blackberry camera for now till I get a proper camera. loll.
    Take care and keep up the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ib dear, thanks! Glad you like the story..Lol@south south citizen of the creeks! nice one.. Yeah my work is interesting but i wish it would be rewarding in every way....maybe in time.. Oh yeah you could use your blackberry conveniently!
    I liked your post on the importance of family.. i read it yesterday.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool pics! God is awesome! If the "created" is this beautiful"! Then you can imagine how glorious the "Creator" is! Welldone Chinny, getting good value for you BB phone.. i hear dey dont come cheap.... (i wouldnt know though, seeing that i'm one of the only people left on earth without a BB)... Great job on the photography skill too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol....loved the egusi and eba part!!! how many meats and garnishes were in it???
    had goat meat and basmati rice d day i went...lol
    i love food so very much!

    but how were u able to take d pic with the wobbling and bobbling boat!!! nice one there! where is the emoticon for "thumbs up"

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Miana, lol..your not the only one left without a bb (yet) ;)..indeed the Creator is glorious.
    @Chidi, the ability to take the picture from a wobbling bobbling boat, at the risk of my bb falling into the sea, is a matter of talent! ;).. I haven't had the luxury of goat meat and basmati rice onboard! I should visit the vessel more often in that case..

    ReplyDelete